Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Logan Schmogan!

So it's this time of year that was always my favorite in Logan. Things were really starting to get green and warm. My favorite street in Logan was 2nd East from about 10th north to 2nd north. The trees just hung over the street and it was just awesome. I never got to take a picture of it, well because I would have been hit by a car.
I will admit I do miss Logan, but only in the summer. There was just tons of stuff to do outside, we were only an hour away from Bear Lake. Good times. So I was looking through some pics of Logan and I will post some of my favorite spots. Why? Because I have nothing else to post and Amanda gets mad at me that I hardly ever update.

This is up at the outdoor ampitheater on Old Main Hill. I would ride my bike up here to sit, think, sleep or read. It was just a great place to watch the sunset. I also had a great view of the temple.
This bridge was up at 1st or 2nd dam, one of the damn dams. I would run on the river trail and would stop at the bridge and spit over one side and hurry to the other side to see if I could see it floating. Don't judge me, you know you've done that sometime in your life. Plus it was just a cool spot to come.

This is in Sardine Canyon right before the disappearing lake. This isn't a favorite spot because I hated driving through that canyon, but it sure is a cool picture. At least I think so.

I just like the name of the restaurant. The food is soso and is overpriced. The name was also a nickname for getting 'some', like "do the gia." Don't ask where it came from. I'm not even sure that I made it up.
This is the alley in between the bookstore and.... I forget.... on Main street. It always reminded me of an alley you would get mugged in. But I think the door at the end is the White Owl. Kelly and I went around "downtown" Logan one night just taking cool pictures.
The old roller rink which had been closed for long time by the time I took this. One of my friends got proposed to here. Not a favorite spot, but a landmark nonetheless. I skated there once and was afraid I was going to die.
I think this was in the parking lot of Old Navy and we just happened to have a camera with us. I have seen some of the best sunsets ever in Logan. So there you have it. My little visual ode to Logan. I was always saying I wanted to move out of there, glad I did mind you, but you have to admit it is really pretty up there.

9 comments:

Chase and Amanda said...

Good blogging... thanks for making me out to be the blog nazi!

Marques said...

Well, well, well...look who I found. This could be trouble. :) You better check out our blog. It is probably the best thing on the internet. Go Bwoncos!

Christy said...

love the tribute - how could you not love a place that puts out pictures like that?? It is amazing here and you miss it!! admit it :)

Christy said...

ps - i agree with Marques...GO BWONCOS!! Go Big GWEEN :)

erica said...

Well I have many thoughts about your post. First off I'm glad that you have finally updated your blog as well! I was getting sick of the Jimmy Eat World post!

Second I love the pictures, almost made me cry thinking about Logan. I was just as anxious as anyone to get out but it truly is one of the most beautiful places I've ever lived.

Third the bridge picture reminds me of the time you caught Blaine and I holding hand on the trail before anyone even knew we were dating!!! haha And you just shook your head and kept on running.

Fourth you are a good photographer and I love the alley pic!

Good job and keep up the blogging! haha. Also I'm glad you have all your crafts! And where do you guys live now??? (Sorry this was so long!)

Johny and Sarah said...

How I miss that place.....I loved how things were slow and it was just a nice pace of life!! Great pictures.

Genna said...

Well, if your miss'n it a little I think you should come and hang with us cache valley folk. It is not offically Logan, but were only 10 minutes away! And now is the perfect time, with the long winter we had, things are just getting green!

Erin Axson said...

loved the pictures! Makes a place that has freezing cold wind blowing 365 days of the year look really pretty.

About us said...

You really have an awesome talent...except you make Logan sound like its cool and its really not. :) Erica probably hates this comment the most. miss you guys