Monday, March 16, 2009

Whatever, Harry Potter and Harley

I figure I'd better update this thing once in a while. To be honest not a whole lot is going on in our lives. Still am jobless, but to be honest I am not looking that hard. I think I like staying at home. No this does not mean a baby Jaques is on the way.

I have been doing some pictures of Harley, again you say, well she is my only subject that just lays there for me. There is this great site where you can put your own book together called, http://www.blurb.com/. I am in the midst of making my own Harley book. It's going to be fantastic.

Primary update: getting better. Our first Sunday alone with them was not quite a nightmare, but still scary. I think we got five minutes of lesson in and then the rest was trying to calm them down. I have learned the value of going to get drinks in the middle of class, playing the whisper game and crayons. Coloring takes up a solid 20 minutes. I love it. This past Sunday Kelly and I were treated to an amazing story from one of our youngins about how he beat up a t-rex and survived with only a skinned knee. Then he built a boat out of legos, stepped back, put his hands on his hips and said "Ah, huh." He was quite pleased with his boat. Also the week before last, if you were worried about the pee-pee heads, your worries are over. I hear a prayer from a child is the most valuable. So the pee-pee heads have been prayed over. I love those kids!

Lastley, I was conned into reading the Harry Potter series. So to keep my promise, I just finished book three this morning. I will say a certain vampire novelist has nothing on the fabulous Ms. Rowling. I am amazed at how much imagination and creativity went into these books. To dream up a world like that but also have a significant plot in each book. I hear it has a better ending than a hybrid pregnancy and very disappointed ending where a certain heroine didn't die. When the H.P books first came out I was anti because I was in high school and thought it would be cool to rebel against the masses. So years later I am finally reading them. Don't worry, I celebrate finishing a book by watching the movie. "Jane" said I had to read at least the first six books before the sixth movie comes out. So I guess that will be my big reward for reading that far and I assume I will just want to read the seventh book because I got that far and you can't just quit.

Well here are some pics of Harley that Kelly and I did. We found out just how much she loves her ball.
Alright enough of that. Peace out





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I really like the pics of Harley. I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well and getting used to your calling. I haven't read the Harry Potter books either but I keep telling myself that I need to do that and what a better time but to do it when I'm home all day long. I hope you are still enjoying your house and the area you're in. Love ya!

Chase and Amanda said...

Yea, well I'd give you my job in a heartbeat!! Deal?? Offer still stands for Thursday - - I know you want to come hang out with me. Can't wait to see the Harley book. P.S.. Did I mention my esthetics teacher named her baby girl Harlie. Thought you might like that.

The Cragun's said...

I rebelled against Harry Potsmoker for a while too, but JK Rowling is like a crack dealer. You just keep coming back for more. Not sure why, because those are the sissiest wizards ever, and I Know my wizards!

I wish I had a cool story involving a T-Rex (apart from the one in my Uncle's studio. Kelly knows what i'm talking about!)