Monday, November 2, 2009

Tender Lumplings Everywhere, Life's No Fun Without A Good Scare!

Where to start? This Halloween weekend was the most fun we have had in a while. We Jaques' haven't really gotten out much the past couple of Halloweens. So with a party Friday and Saturday night?! Crazyness ensues.
First off decide what to be for the mandatory costume party in Willard. I knew I wanted to be a derby girl for Halloween ever since I saw "Whip It". And I was. I didn't have skates or pads, but I had a helmet and my very own Hurl Scouts outfit. I was pretty impressed by my skills. Kelly decided to be the coach which included short jean shorts and a sick wig. He pulled it off pretty well I think.
Friday nights party was awesome. Donut eating contest, charades and dirty pictionary. There was a costume contest for scariest, funniest and best overall. The Jaques' did not win any, but next year be sure we will dominate. Pretty fun night overall.
Saturday, All Hallows Eve. I decided I wasn't that comfortable in my getup to wear it a second night in a row. So I donned the silk chinese robe Cyndi brought me from China, put my hair up and wore socks with my flip flops. That's about all the effort I could muster. Kelly decided to be a guitar hero, so he braved the wig for a second night in a row and drew himself a soul patch. I know we are so creative. We headed over to Red Robins witht the SoJo group. (that's speak for south jordan). Pretty awesome dinner with tons of fries, don't you worry about that. It was fun to see we weren't the only big group who dressed up. Then we headed back over to the Sandersons for a night of games, rock band, a roucus game of dominoes and tons of yummy treats.
All in all, the best Halloween in a while. Although I paid for staying awake till at least 1 each night this week by struggling in church, but still it was just fast Sunday and therefore nappy time in sacrement. Don't judge, you do it to. There were so many wonderful pictures to put up that I had to do a slideshow. So if you want pictures just put your email down and I will make sure to get those to you post haste.
You stay classy.

I designed the invite for the party. Apparently no one got them. This isn't the one that went out, but still it's pretty funny.

The coach: Who Kelly is supposed to be

Actual Kelly


My inspiration


My starting pose


7 comments:

Tay and Ash said...

Come on, where's the story about how I tried to get in tons of pictures? Please send them to me!!!
ashley.sanderson@dfcu.com

Thanks for being our photographer. I love the pictures. I just laughed when I saw them.

Chase and Amanda said...

Swell time!! Thanks for the good laughs @ donut eating!

Mike and Lisa said...

Can you send me the pictures from Saturday night? My e-mail is lisapearson@sdch.com. Thanks!

Genna said...

Hey, cute pictures!

Cyndi and Logan said...

I am touched that you would use my robe!! I want Kelly to wear that hot outfit when we come out for Thanksgiving, you can wear your too!! :)

Alli said...

LOVe the costume! I think you should wear it more often. And kelly should wear the wig for family pictures!

Johny and Sarah said...

Looks like you had fun. Good to see you in that Robe again! Remember the night we were so bored in old farm and you dressed in that and we put eyeliner all over our faces? Good times.