Friday, October 31, 2008

In Like Flynn!!

We finally moved into our house last week. It felt like we had a lot of stuff, but once we got it all put away we realized we didn't have that much stuff. The sad thing is, is most of it is just stuff. Crap I have hauled around with me through the college years and never had the heart to throw away. I would open a box and there would be like 3 or 4 shoe boxes full of little things. Next move, I promise to learn how to pack better!!
Harley can't decide if she likes the new house or not. It's like she keeps waiting for us to go back to my parents house. Poor thing. I decided the one downfall is that we don't have a yard, so we have to get up with Harley 3 times a night to take her out. Then I have to get mad at her when all she does is sniff around for forever. My sleep is more important.
The first night we stayed there was a little weird but got better as I realized that this is our house, we own it! Then I had to get dressed in the closet because we don't have curtains yet. Yikes! We do have a few neighbors and have met some of them. I can't wait till the whole courtyard is filled. I included some pics below. They aren't the best, so if you really want to see the house, you have to come visit us :)!


Harley in the kitchen.

The south side

The west side. Our room is up there.

The west side again. This is our whole townhouse and some of the garage got cut off.

The kitchen. We don't have a fridge yet, who knew I would ever have to buy a fridge. That's something only our parents do.

View from the north room. The computer room I guess.

Part of the master bedroom. I was too embarrassed by our small bed, so I just took pictures of the windows cause they are the best.

More master bedroom windows.

And last our empty family/front room. We did buy a couch and that is coming soon. If you think I lay on the floor and watch movies, you are right. Harley does love all the open space for us to play with her. Go figure.

Well there you have it, our humble home. I have no idea how to decorate, so if you come over, don't judge me. Anyway, well Happy Halloween since I am posting on Halloween. Don't know what we are doing tonight, but it will probably be crazy!! Ok not really.

6 comments:

Chase and Amanda said...

LOVE IT!! Will be over soon! We can go shop for decor! :) The boys can do whatever...

Amy Bateman said...

Me so jealous and so proud.
When are you having your open house extravaganza?

Leah and Mike said...

What a cool house!! Congrats!!

Johny and Sarah said...

I love the windows in your master bedroom....I am a sucker for natural lighting and can't wait to have our own home with lots of windows. Looks like you are going to have to take a trip to Pier one and actually buy all the things we wanted when we were in highschool. Also, a cool place for home decor and furnishings is in Fort Uion next to paradise bakery something World.....they have cool and unique things which you would love! I can't wait for more pictures....congrats!

Genna said...

Hey it looks really nice, way to go you two!!!

michelle said...

super urban-chic...(ya, i just made that up) i love it!