Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hap, Hap, Happy Birthday!!

Today is Kelly's birthday. YEah!! He is 2 and 6 years old. He is officially closer to 30 than he is to 20. Bummer... for him.
We kicked off his birth celebration Friday night. We had some peeps come over for a winter BBQ. Kelly and I love to marinate stuff, so Thursday night we started our chicken and steak to soak till Friday night. We had a blast. Good food, good company and plenty of reminiscing for the Morgan boys. All you girls know what I am talking about. Of course there was guitar hero, some catch phrase and a little counting game Chase loves to play, so we all humored him by playing it. Chad actually showed up this time, but I'm pretty sure the only reason he did was so he could get us back (those of you who know what I am talking about) by toilet papering our bedroom. I didn't take a picture because I was too mad he used our good toilet paper and not the crappy kind.
Today I made omelette's for breakfast. We invited Kelly's fam down for dinner. I attempted to make cafe rio pork salads. I must say they turned out quite well. The only crappy thing is the meat takes forever to cook. I had to start the meat at 8 p.m. Saturday night. But it was worth the effort. Screw actually going to Cafe Rio ever again. I even made their good tomatillo ranch. I must say I am pretty proud of myself. Then ended the night with some card games.
Kelly shares a birthday with his niece, well her birthday is the 9th. So they had a joint cake and they both opened presents today. We had a great time. Thanks everybody for making the trek down to our house.
I guess it wouldn't be complete without a small tribute to my hubby. When you read this Kel, know that I am grateful for all that you do. I just love you!


5 comments:

Teisha said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!!!

michelle said...

Would you mind sending me the recipe for the pork and dressing? I would totally LOVE you for it. Ummm, just thinking about it is making me hungry!

Erica said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! I hope you had a good one!

Genna said...

Hey sorry would couldn't make it to the BBQ, your right, the shamwows don't even dry my tiers for our stupid car. Happy Birthday old fart! Can't wait to hang out again. I need the dressing recipe Camille, thanks.

Johny and Sarah said...

Sounds like you had a fun time! I never knew you were such the cook!!! Oh, and we totally have the same crock pot.....