Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Laborious Labor Day

Labor is a day of rest. But not for me. I shopped and shot. There were some pretty great sales out there, so I got in on it. Too bad for all the sweaters on sale that I wanted but can't wear till it gets a little colder. I love summer, but am torn now because I want to start wearing my fall clothes. Anyone else feel that way?

Later on the day of Labor, I got to do a photoshoot for Lindy and Maddux. Dang that kid is cute. Amanda came with me as my designated "bag girl" (thank you for helping by the way). We went around Morgan and found some really great places. I will have to come back to these spots as they are in a word "ideal". So today I "worked" by editing pictures all day. I loved the colors we found on commercial street. It was hard to decide what should be black and white and what to keep color. Luckily you can have it both ways. Whatever.

Update on our primary class. They finally split us so now we have eight kids on the list and between four and six come everyweek. Much better. We still have the wild child who I had to chase all around the church building on Sunday. Truly he makes me hate children. Don't judge.

If I may send something out there. I love photography and pretty much everything about it. However living in Utah, the self-proclaimed photography studio-in-your-basement capital, I am hesitant to actually start doing this as a business. I feel I would be jumping on the bandwagon so to speak. Should I A) just keep doing it free for friends and family because I love it so much or B)start making money beccause I will never get a real job in this economy.

As always let me know what you think.











11 comments:

About us said...

I think you have a REAL talent and you should start your business and I will be the first customer. I really need you to come take cute pics of our family. Rylee is getting SO BIG, SO FAST and we need pictures taken. Im being dead serious. Please let me know when you are available.Thanks CAmille!

Alli said...

I am torn too! I love wearing my carpi's and sandals, but am anxious to start wearing my sweaters and other fall clothes (its like getting a whole new wardrobe when the seasons change). I think you should just go for it with your photography!

michelle said...

Your pics are awesome...I agree with Natalie, start yourself a business!

The Ralls said...

k.... I love love love these!!!!! You are amazing and I have to agree... that kid is cute! Thank you so much!!!!!!!

Chase and Amanda said...

You already know what I think your decision should be! MAKE MONEY AT WHAT YOU LOVE!! You're leaps and bounds ahead of the "basement photogs" - - Just do it!

Tay and Ash said...

Keep doing it for free, so when I finally find two black turtle necks you will take pictures of Taylor, Ebony and I!!! Or if you start charging do I get a boston terrier discount?

Cyndi and Logan said...

Bud, remember our conversation about fall clothes. We look totally hot in them, so that should not make you as torn, and honestly, you live in Utah where people where flip-flops year round! :) You know what I think about the photos, JUST DO IT!!! I bet I could get you some hookups in Colorado, tax write-off to come and visit me, bonus!!

Chase and Amanda said...

I usually let Manda do all the Blogstalking for the two of us, but I was told I absolutly had to look a the pictures you have been posting. Naturally being the good husband I am, I jumped right on here to check them out.... I have to say these are awsome, and you better make this a buisness, even if its only something on the side.... But more importantly I couldn't help but notice that we are listed as Amanda and Chase on you friends list when the name of our blog is clearly Chase n Amanda...

Johny and Sarah said...

Great photos. I say just do it! Get over your fear and do something that you love! Also, think outside the box. So many photographers I know are too expensive for my little growing family. Even though it's an investment, I can't afford $200 right out the gate for a sitting fee and then photos on top of that....so be creative and original and you'll do great!

About us said...

Camille Call me so we can get this set up!

Genna said...

Hey, your awesome at this, today was the first day I got to see some of the pics that you took. I wish I could take pictures like you do. Your awesome at it. What would it hurt to just see what you can make of this, you can always go back to some other job later if you want. DO IT!