Saturday, September 26, 2009

Taking the Plunge

Alright I did it. I created my photog blog. It is a work in progress and I did just create it Saturday while waiting for Kelly. I named it Blur Photography. The link is in my list of links.
I'm just going to put this out there so I can be done with it. Here goes. I know this sounds like Eyore but I feel like I am joining some kind of club. You know everyone is doing it, photography that is. I have never been one to follow the crowd if I could help it.
But I am tired of sitting around and waiting for things to happen in my life. So this is just another step toward doing what makes me happy. (not to mention all the cool swag that comes with this hobby *cough *canon 7D*) So what if everyone and their dog is doing the same thing. I am hoping that theirs won't last long and they will realize it's not what they really want to do. Endurance has always been my strong point. I lasted four years at Icon Customer Service. That's a long time.
So I have asked this of you before, but I need support. I'm not looking for compliments (although they are much appreciated) just encouragement and maybe mentioning my name if someone asks (no pressure. don't go campaigning for me on the corner or anything). Thanks as always for your friendship.
Anywho not much else going on in our life. I do get my new camera this week, which I am totally stoked for. Who else is excited for colder weather coming next week? I totally wore my cardigan already. But it turned out to be a warm day so it kinda put a damper on the whole experience. The primary program was last Sunday and I got stuck with the Spawn of Satan sitting by me. He was jumping on his chair and got his foot stuck in those fold up bottom choir seats you know. I half considered leaving his foot in there, but then he started whining loudly about it, I had to help. Finally his parents got full view of what we deal with every week. Needless to say they didn't bring him to class last week. It was a nice break. Well that's about it for now.
You stay classy

6 comments:

Alli said...

Good for you! Steve is in the exact same spot. He created a blog for his paintings and just hopes that someone will stumble across it. But he's tired of sitting around and waiting for something to happen, so just like you, he's trying to make something happen for himself; trying to do what he loves and what his passion is. Way to go, I'm proud of you! You never know what will happen..

The Cragun's said...

Congrats! That is AWESOME! I'm going to link your photo blog to my blog hopefully that can get you some more attention, then maybe when the little one comes we can pay ya to take her pictures then I can show everyone how cute they are :) So proud!

Chase and Amanda said...

When school is out I'm totally campaigning on the corner for you!! What else would I do with all the free time I'll get?!

Ashley said...

Awesome! I am going to go look for Turtle necks tomorrow!!!

Johny and Sarah said...

Glad you took the plunge! Your website looks great! I hope you are very successful. We'll have to book you when we have some $....we need to update our little family. Thanks again for coming to the blessing; it meant a lot to me.

Genna said...

Proud of you, the blog looks great, I am really good about spreading the news, and finally I know what I owe ya!