Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Anni to the Jaques!!

So I was going to save this for work because sometimes I get a little bored, but tonight I got even more bored.

Three years ago, August 20, 2005 Kelly and I got hitched in the San Diego temple. It was awesome. We got to sit in the celestial room forever. We requested a small room but because we were the only ones to get married at the time they gave us the biggest sealing room in the temple, too bad there weren't that many people. I don't remember much of the sealers comments, but I just remember feeling completely happy. After the sealing we exchanged rings. Funny story: when Kelly proposed to me he put the ring on the right finger, wrong hand. I did the exact same thing when we exchanged rings in the temple. Ok not that funny but I thought it might be. We were greeted outside by friends and family members, took pictures and then headed over to Tom Ham's Lighthouse. We had an awesome view of the San Diego harbor and there was the best moon ever. Then Kelly and I headed off to our honeymoon (to do it ;). We stayed in San Diego and went to Sea World. We walked down to the beach and just enjoyed the fine weather.

Kelly looks back on the past three (well five if you count the time we spent dating) years and his favorite memories are the night rides we would take to just get out. My favorite memories are when we can just laugh about nothing and it seems to last for hours. Kelly is always able to stay calm when I freak out. He says I worry enough for the both of us. He is optimistic, me not so much. I am funny, Kelly not so much. Just kidding. I push to get us to go to church, Kelly pushes the snooze button. Kelly thinks about deep, meaningful things, I mostly just think about anything funny or music related. He likes Quinten Tarentino, I like classics and musicals. Kelly calls "Thoroughly Modern Millie," "Inconveniently Milly," because he can never remember the name.

Well enough about us. I included some pics of us mainly because I get bored at work and watch them over and over and laugh at the stupid memory behind the picture. Lame I know.



8 comments:

Dave and Jayme Richards said...

You two share your ANNIVERSARY with Dave & I!!! We got married August 20, 2004...beat ya by a year!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Hope you guys have a good day! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe you have been married for 3 years, time flies. You guys are so perfect for each other! I hope you do something fun today.

Chase and Amanda said...

Geeze... 3 years!! And I was thinking 1 year was an accomplishment!! (oh wait - for us it is!)

Meagan said...

Good job guys! I really enjoyed reading your post! Here's to many more!

Genna said...

It looks like the 2 of you have had a great three years, lots of fun! Congrats! You two are really sweet together. Keep it up!

Johny and Sarah said...

Happy anniversary. Love the wedding photos you look so pretty!!!!

Sarah

Marques said...

Happy Anni!!!

Cottle said...

Very adorable couple. I don't know you well Camille, but you sound like a perfect fit for Kelly. Thanks for letting us check out your blog :)