Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We Are Buying A House!!!

The loan process took forever but has finally come through, therefore..... I present to you our new home.

We have looked at hundreds of homes and it seemed like nothing felt right, unless it was for a lot more then we could afford. Then we found this development near Daybreak, which for those of you who don't know is in the S/W part of Salt Lake. Let me tell you, it is so nice to go from looking at dirty old homes built in the 70's, with absolutely no personality, to a brand new home in which everything is new and to our specifications. And oddly enough they cost the same.

It is like a town home but it is part of a courtyard setup. Basically the units are connected but not in a row, but in a half circle, if that makes sense. We purchased the largest one which takes up one whole side. Which is awesome for two reasons. Our front door is separate from the rest, all the other units in the courtyard seem like their doors are too clustered. But the best reason is we are within a half mile of the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple and we have a great view of it. Let me tell you, it makes for quite the backdrop during sundown. The house will be complete in mid October. I have included a few pics for you to get an idea of what it will be like.


I will admit its a little different but we love it.



If you feel like you have seen identical homes in Farminton its because you have. This development has units with the exact same design as the ones in Farmington

More pics coming soon.

8 comments:

Erin Axson said...

Congrats! If you think you are having a house warming party and that i am inviting myself, you would be correct.

erica said...

Oh my gosh i'm so happy for you guys!!! I love how many windows there are and how much natural light comes in! CONGRATS!!!

Christy said...

lucky!! i am with the eraxson comment...i have already invited myself to the house warming :) of course, i will just be there for the food :) ha ha!!

Erica said...

Congrats!! It looks like a nice place, I love all the windows! The house hunting isn't fun, but worth it when you find one!

Genna said...

Well I agree with everyone, nice windows and I will be there for the party. We are really happy for you!

Chase and Amanda said...

YAY!! Its about freakin time.. I think we owe you guys a couple nights crashing in the spare room :) So plan on the Phillips' being there!! And I just might copy the paint job in the bedroom.. Cool? Cool!

The Ralls said...

That is such a neat house!!!! Good for you guys. You deserve it. Congrats!

Meagan said...

holy crap! its awesome! the windows...wow. some day when i grow up i want to own a house just like it! good job guys!